Clay bricks and pavers are considered a "green" building material. We pride ourselves on our environmentally friendly status, as our products are:
- Made from overburden from disused coal mines - we are recycling another industry's waste.
- Fired using natural gas and exceed all emission targets set by the local Environmental Protection Agency.
- Made using reject pavers in the mix.
- Made using re-useable timber pallets.
- Packed with recyclable packaging.
Claypave – Smart Energy Program
Claypave is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emission and power consumption. Claypave is a registered participating business in the Queensland Government’s Smart Energy Savings Program under the Clean Energy Act 2008. A Level 2 Energy Audit for Claypave was conducted for the period August 2010 to July 2011 in accordance with AS 3598:2000. An energy savings plan was developed after the Audit. The key measures of energy saving are as follows: